Thursday, September 14, 2006

hello friends

well, yes, i've been away. it was a busy, crazy, lovely, inspiring summer, which ended on quite a sad note, and through it all i've been wondering if i would return to the wide tent, and if so, how?

i think yes, at least maybe, but those few of you who still come round to visit (and why would you really, what with no posting for four months??) may find quite a makeover. one thing i'm always struggling with is how to find a balance in my life between by life-in-my-head, which is consumed by Big Imortant Ideas that are really important to me, and which inform my life in significant ways, and, well, my life. you know, life as i live it, day in and day out. i have found that my initial foray into the blogosphere was too consuming, and tipped the balance way too far into my head and out of my life.

there's another thing too, which is hard to explain, and not really worth going into too much. i guess i just don't like the way i feel about the me that i try to be or at least convince you that i am here in the wide tent. it's something about writing for an audience that i haven't really figured out, but 'nuf said, it's my stuff.

still, having read over my meager postings, there *were* some i really liked -- the ones that reminded me of a day spent with the kids that i might otherwise have forgotten, or a meal prepared and enjoyed, my work (which i haven't blogged about much, but which i'm really loving these days, and would like to have a record of). so i'm thinking i will try to keep blogging about that stuff, and see what happens. perhaps i'm going to peter out again. or perhaps the wide tent will blossom with the minutia of my life, minus the Big Important Ideas, which i love, and continue to think about, but need to find a less consuming place for.

so welcome back, those few of you who may still be lingering about. there will almost always be a pot of coffee on here at the wide tent, and a whole lot more baking happening these days!

6 Comments:

At September 15, 2006 1:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We love all the parts of you, you know. Unconditionally.

 
At September 15, 2006 7:55 PM, Blogger Andromeda Jazmon said...

Welcome back! We missed you and have been watching for your next post...

 
At September 17, 2006 2:19 PM, Blogger SaraSkates said...

There you are! I'm the last one to be negative about occasional blogging. It's your blog, blog the way you want to blog - you get to decide ;)

 
At September 26, 2006 10:08 PM, Blogger L said...

Hey! Glad you're back (it was great to see you last week as well!). Cloudscome and I talked about you and how we missed you in blogosphere when we met this summer.

 
At September 29, 2006 7:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love watching writers figure out their bloggy identities: I've missed you, and will look forward to getting re-acquainted with the identity (identities) that emerge anew.

 
At October 02, 2006 8:30 AM, Blogger Barb said...

a little slow on the uptake, i am, but yay! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home